4 (1 lb.) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup jarred roasted red pepper s, finely chopped
1 clove garlic , minced
- Thread chicken onto skewers; place in shallow dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients until well blended; pour over skewers. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate. Remove skewers from marinade; place on rack of broiler pan. Discard marinade.
- Broil, 6 inches from heat, 10 min. or until chicken is done, turning occasionally.
- If you have a fresh red pepper, you can easily roast it yourself to use in this recipe. Place pepper on foil-covered baking sheet. Broil, 4 inches from heat, until pepper is blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Place pepper in paper bag; close bag. Let stand 20 min. or until pepper is completely cooled. Remove pepper from bag; peel away blackened skin with small sharp knife. Discard skin. Cut pepper lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Chop pepper, then use as directed
- Can also add bacon pieces to skewers
- Substitute any firm-fleshed fish, such as halibut or tuna, for the chicken.