A delicious start to your weekend! Give it a try and let me know what you think. We LOVE them.
Stardust Chocolate Pancakes
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
strawberry preserves or sliced strawberries(optional)
whipped cream (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine milk, egg and butter; whisk until blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add milk mixture; whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Heat griddle over medium heat until hot.
- (Drops of water will sizzle, then evaporate.) For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into griddle.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until batter is set around edges.
- Carefully turn over pancake; cook 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar; serve warm with desired toppings.
- (I use a star shaped mold, placed on grill. You must spray mold with vegetable oil) Try using metal star shaped cookie cutters!
Yields: 10 servings Total Time: 14 mins Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 4 mins