Honey Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 ounces (170 grams) chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for 15-20 minutes, or until chilled. Do not skip this step. The cookies will spread out too much if the dough is warm or room temperature.
- Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for a few minutes to firm up before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Yields: approx. 3 dozen