Apple Dip with Cream Cheese, Caramel & Skor
2 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
4 tbsp. brown sugar
1 (12 oz.) container caramel topping
2 “Skor” Chocolate Bars
6-8 apples of your choice
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and the brown sugar until well blended.
- Spread the cheese mixture into a round glass pie baking dish.
- Chill for one hour.
- Spread the caramel topping over the cream cheese mixture in the dish.
- Chop the “Skor” chocolate bars into small pieces and sprinkle over the caramel topping.
- Serve with peeled or unpeeled apple slices.
- For a smaller size dip- use 1 pkg. cream cheese, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, 1 Skor bar
- If possible, choose a variety of apple that does not discolour as quickly as other varieties of apple. Examples of the best choice for apples for dip are: “Granny Smith” and “Cortland”
- You can also toss the prepared apple slices in a bowl with a little lemon juice to help the apples keep their colour longer
- “Marzetti” Caramel Topping is also available in “Fat Free” and “Light”
- If you’re really daring, experiment dipping with marshmallows or pretzels
Source: not known