Corn Dog Mini Muffins
I made these today and they were so yummy! They reminded me of a Pogo dog but a bit healthier as they were baked in the oven. They are delicious with mustard. I don’t really make a habit of having hot dogs but my babe likes them and I had a few in the freezer so I thought I would give them a try. They were a hit (if you call taking the hotdog out and leaving the muffin part- hee hee). The baby ate the whole thing. I will make them again… for us!
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
6 beef franks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sugar, butter and egg.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp. batter into each cup and place 1 hot dog piece into the center.
- Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time:10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Yields: 20 mini muffins