Sunbutter Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
These are one of the best cookies I have ever made and I have made alot! I think this is my new favourite as well as the rest of the family. They were a big hit and I am so happy because I hadn’t tried too many dessert-y type “Dairy Free” recipes yet and this has got me off on the right foot! Give these a try… you can’t just eat one! 😉
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup Sunbutter
1/3 cup soy milk
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 – 1 cup safe chocolate chips
- Stir the sugar, sunbutter, soy milk, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sunbutter mixture then mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by large spoonfuls 2″ apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 7-9 minutes or until the bottoms begin to brown. The cookies will look under-cooked, but they will become set once they sit on the sheet for a minute or two. Watch the cookies carefully because the bottoms will begin to burn quickly.
Yields: approx. 2 dozen